aniqa, Saba rehman, Sidra Gul, Shazia Hina, Mahmood Elahi, Faria Sultan, Saeeda Shah, Nurgis Bibi, Zeb Gull, Syed Aamir Shah, Ammad amin, Ahmed Ali Khalid, Wajiha javed, Asif Ali Jah, Yasmin Bibi, Mian khan Abbasi, Nadeem Kaini, Iffat Kalsoom, babar mehmood , Amjad, Javed Khan, Muhammad Manzoor Khan, Syed Abdul Majeed Shah, anum syed, Asad Khan
Hi every one from Pakistan
Hope you all doing well and enjoying your activities in field. i would like to share my field experience of FGD and baseline and inviting you people too for this.
Almost i have more then five years experience in field of mobilization but before linked with MAAN I did not think about food diversity in our lives. During my base line and FGD it was shocking for me that there is no diversity in the food. Every respondent's answer same way. every female takes "Chaay/Paratha" in breakfast and all take "Roti/salen " in other times meal. this show our behaviors about food and health. i realize that this is the main reason of malnutrition among our people. we spent lot on decoration of houses, clothes and footwear but we did not take seriously about our diet habits.
Even educated people are also having very low knowledge about the food diversity. we dire need to take this seriously if we wants a healthy generation with healthy minds.
let come forward, join hands together and save our next generations.
Base Line and FGD experience Sharing Cluster
Mian khan Abbasi
Base Line Study and FGD reflects lot of challenges and issues of the people living in Mountainous area (U.C Beer) Haripur. According to my observations the communities are facing interrelated challenges, some of the core challenges are as under:
01. Traditional agriculture farming techniques / technologies and production patterns (seasonal crops - Maize & wheat)
02. Traditional food consumption/eating patterns (Roti (bread), Salan, Tea, Ghee etc.)
03. Limited livelihood opportunities
04. Limited resources i.e. financial resources, small lands and paucity of water
05. Negative habits, attitude and behaviors of the community regarding Nutrition, women development, Health & Hygiene.
06. Non availability and accessibility towards services, Government departments, service providers, markets and other resources
07. Lack of education, life skills and cultural constraints especially for women
There are also many opportunities and natural resources available in the area. Although its is tough and hard working area for RSPs, but with the colloboration and joint venturing of RSPs it would be very intresting and changemaker in the area. According to my suggestions all RSPs should follow the formula (DOOM) before implementation of their proposed interventions:
We have to sensitize the community with great zeal, when they will realize their needs / benefits; than they will motivate, mobilize and organize for collective actions to eliminate the above challenges.
Enhancement of Livelihood opportunities and effective awareness sessions will be the key factors of this project to motivate the peoples to change their habits, improve their agriculture production and improve the health and growth.
MK Abbasi (RSP)