The NMA II project in (Himalaya, Hindu Kush) is calling for applications to join the
Training of Teams of Trainers (ToToT) Program:
The Nutrition in Mountain Agro-ecosystems II (NMA II) project, funded by the SDC and implemented by IFOAM-Organics International and its regional partner Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation Pakistan, has the overall goal of contributing to the improved access to sufficient nutritious food for rural communities in mountain regions. This is to be achieved through a network of actors, facilitating innovation and the diversification of proven agro-ecological and other nutrition-sensitive practices.
The specific objective of the ToToT program is to develop the capacity of potential trainers to be able to implement successfully the Capacity Development Program for Rural Service Providers (CDP for RSP) that was developed and first implemented under the NMA I program.
The intent of the CDP is to develop the capacity, increase the knowledge and develop the skills of RSPs. After the completion of the CDP, RSPs will be able to identify, develop, implement and disseminate the knowledge on locally relevant solutions to challenges to the productivity and nutritional quality of food derived from agro-ecosystems in their local area of operation. They will become part of a network to share their solutions and experiences.
The ToToT program aims to spread the knowledge about nutrition sensitive initatives and provide teams of trainers the required knowledge and skills to further disseminate this knowledge, launch their own CDPs and include this training program into the curricula of their respective institutions.
3. What will you learn?
You will learn how to disseminate and train RSPs on an extensive range of topics related to sustainable agriculture systems based on the agro-ecological approach. Syllabus topics of the CDP are:
- Agroecology (AE) and Organic Agriculture (OA) principles and practices: Solution-driven for local agro-ecosystems and their links to Nutrition Sensitive Agriculture (NSA) and Interventions (NSI)
- Extension/advisory service and facilitation: Approaches, Methodology and Practice
- Value Chain and Markets
- Support Structures and Networks
- Advocacy, lobbying and local campaigns
- Management and Communication
The specific skills that you will learn as Trainer include:
- A deeper understanding of the above syllabus topics.
- The knowledge and understanding of the linkages between participatory training methodology, and various skills, tips and tricks to develop and conduct RSP-focused trainings.
- Access to the appropriate teaching materials of the Organic Academy and IFOAM-Organics International.
- Knowledge and skills to conduct online training.
- Skills and knowledge to design, develop and budget an RSP training program
4. What will you gain?
You will jointly develop the capacity to not only assist your target community to develop good and sustainable farming systems, but also gain the skills necessary to include this training program in your own organisation’s programs.
5. Who can do the course?
Qualified people can apply as individuals or in team/s of 4 trainers, based on the criteria below:
- Have proven experience and skills in teaching and/or training (at least 3 years’ relevant experience in training adults in a rural/extension/farming environment.
- An understanding of sustainable and organic/agro-ecological practices;
- Are proficient in the training language;
- You have the support/approval of your institution;
This is desirable:
- A grasp of nutrition and nutrition sensitive practices in agriculture and food systems;
- And if you, or at least two of your team members, have completed one of IFOAM-Organics International’s Academy Programs (such as the NMA CDP for RSPs, the Organic Leadership or Foundation Course, or the INOFO Capacity Development Program);
You are welcome to apply for the ToToT.
6. What would be your commitment?
- You need to commit to be available for a residential training session of 5 days.
- You further need to be available to do 2-3 online webinars of approximately 2 hours each.
- You need to be prepared to do self-study of at least 50 hours
- You must be able and prepared to develop a training program and budget based on the training you receive. (You will receive guidance and support from your mentor/coach)
- You need to be prepared to commit your time to share and disseminate the knowledge and skills gained during the program, and prepared to work as a team.
7. How do I apply?
- Complete the online application form available at
the application link is:https://www.ifoam.bio/en/call-applications-training-teams-trainers-program
8. After Application:
- Applicants will be shortlisted, based on a qualitative assessment of their application and profile.
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed via Skype, and successful candidates will be informed via email
Note:1 Along with application please share letter of support from your existing organization.