Increase the diversity of food cultures in Darjeeling Himalaya for nutritional security
The project will promote local food cultures, nutrition sensitive agriculture and improved market links in 14 villages in the Darjeeling Himalaya through strategies like
- Increasing diversity of food crops in the garden
- Improve community knowledge in 14 villages on nutrition, agroecology and biodiversity
- Supporting and promoting new and traditional food processing methods with progressive farmers and creating market linkages
- Improve health education in 20 schools to incorporate food cultures, nutrition and sustainability.
'Eat Green, Live Well' project in Nainital district, Western Himalayas
The intervention is focused on subsistence agriculture, homestead food production and enriching nutrient that will be achieved through:
- Mobilizing communities to enhance nutrition-sensitive agriculture through kitchen gardening
- strengthening production and consumption of nutritious foods like millets and
- Supporting awareness generation, policy advocacy, and knowledge dissemination.
The project is implemented by the Partner in Prosperity.